Tuesday, April 5, 2016

What Do You Fear?

I don't know about you, but I tend to have a lot of irrational fears. More specifically, I have a lot of what if fears. I don't know if that makes sense, but bear with me. I think it'll make sense.

I always have these desires to try something out. It starts to come together in my head, and I really excited about the idea. But all of a sudden, the what if's seep into my mind.
What if this happens? You don't have this ready. What if people think this? You need to have this down first before you can do it. What if it doesn't turn out well? What if it takes too long?
After a little while, the idea gets drowned out by the what ifs. Then I forget it and go back into my daily routine. Is it just me? I can't be the only one that faces this. It's so frustrating sometimes.

But I came to a conclusion. If I never try it, then I'll never know what it could have been. It could fail, or it could turn out just as I thought (or maybe even better). I guess this goes back to the same idea of my previous post of Living Out Boldly.

So for those of you with ideas - go be bold and try it out. However, I have to put a caveat to that statement. Make sure your intention is centered around Christ. Because if you don't, that idea will most likely fail without God's support. But I'm sure many of you reading have the right mindset.

So I want to encourage you (and myself) that the ideas and desires you have can be from God. Pray about it, and don't let the irrational fears stop you from acting upon it. And when you act upon it, don't expect results immediately - nothing happens overnight. Maybe God wants us to be patient and wait upon His timing. Or maybe the idea you had wasn't the right thing. But you'll never know until you try.

I guess I just convinced myself to try something. Maybe this post was for me. Is that selfish? Oh well - sorry.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com