Wednesday, November 25, 2015

How It Once Was

I had a life-changing opportunity to create a short film this past summer. And to be honest, I'm still wondering how something amazing like this came into my life. But let me share my personal thoughts about this film I wrote. For those of you who haven't seen it, you can watch it here.

Whatever you thought after seeing this film is probably what I thought. I have my own criticisms as well. And I have a lot more to learn. However, I am very thankful and blessed for even having this opportunity to have a JP family who is willing to take me in and allow me to take part in representing the JP name.

To be honest, I am sorry to my team and JP for not being the best writer. But I know that they will always encourage me and tell me that I have nothing to apologize for. And those words of encouragement will keep me determined in becoming a better writer and storyteller. More importantly, I'm very grateful to all the JP leaders for taking a chance on this "accounting" major to take part in a video that will impact JP's image (for better or for worse). As I'm writing this, I can't help but continue to apologize for not bringing about the best work.

At the same time, I am thankful for the fans of JP. While many provided some critiques, they did so in a way that wasn't degrading or discouraging. They were honest, yet gentle with their feedback. And I definitely agree with their comments. Now, I can only look forward and use those comments to develop my skills.

Finally, I want to be completely honest with the battle going on inside my mind. There is a portion of me that wants to play the blaming game -- only if (blank), then it would be better. Another part of me wants to criticize my inadequacies in writing -- you're not creative enough, you're a business person (this has been a battle recently, but I'll save that for another time).
"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." - 2 Corinthians 1:21-22
Nothing I do will ever be perfect. And that's okay. I'm a flawed person who's trying to learn and grow to become better. I've already been fully accepted as I am. That drives me to keep going for a different reason. I'm not practicing to achieve a position/status. My position/status in Christ will determine how I practice my life. So I give thanks to God and the JP family for accepting me regardless of my current progress in life.


Soli Deo Gloria

Brian || Taylor || Hnou || Xing || Judy || Esther || Josh || Jenine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com