Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Vlogging

So many of you probably know - I started vlogging since last Saturday. It's been quite an interesting experience, and I wanted to share some thoughts on it so far. Let's make it simple. I want to talk about what I expected before starting and what I think about it now.

Expectations Before Starting
I like to plan out things. So I've had different shots and time lapses in my head months before I decided to start vlogging. Every so often, I would stop and look at my surroundings and think about how cool this shot would look. But I didn't act upon it.

When I finally made the decision to start vlogging, I felt confident in my ability to capture some cool shots and angles. I also had a format that I wanted to follow - Casey Neistat. This made me feel comfortable and ready to hit the ground running at full speed.

My Thoughts On Vlogging So Far
My expectations were definitely met - for the most part. It's still awkward to have people look at you with a giant camera in hand. Other than that, it's all good. Shooting and editing is so fun. I love it. I love the aspect of having to think creatively in the way I shoot images and the way I present my material. And fortunately, I had a lot of fun things going for me this past weekend. I had originally planned to vlog everyday, but my thoughts have already begun to change.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy vlogging. But I'm still a student, and I have other interests that I want to continue pursuing. For example, I still want to find some time to read my list of books. I want to have time to keep screenwriting. And I realized that vlogging has taken up all of my free time that I used to have.
Should you then seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the Lord, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life. - Jeremiah 45:5
These change of thoughts occurred today. As I was praying this morning, I got a weird conviction and feeling of uneasiness. I did my devotional, and it revolved around this question - "Are you seeking great things for yourself? Or are you seeking great things for God?"

At first, I thought to myself "I'm challenging myself to grow and become more knowledgable in film making". I must be doing what God wants me to do because I'm putting myself in uncomfortable situations. I convinced myself that there's nothing wrong.

However, I thought about it again as I watched the vlog I'm supposed to upload for today. Some of things I said were questionable in my own opinion. Is this really what I would say? Or did I just say it for the sake of appealing to a youtube audience?

So here's what I'm trying to say. I've decided to not vlog everyday because I can feel it becoming a bigger priority than my spiritual walk. And that's not a good thing. I want to make sure that I can put God first before trying to vlog everyday.

Of course, I'll still vlog - but probably not on a daily basis. Maybe God wants me to become a vlogger - maybe not. But what I know for sure is that I should never anything hinder me from spending quality time with Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com