Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016: Questions and Expectations

If you read my last post, you'll know that I receive a random verse for each year. So I wanted to share the verse, a personal interpretation, and a speculation for the year. Also, I wonder how this post will be different from what actually happens at the end of the year.
"The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing." - Psalm 34:10
This verse made no sense to me when I first read it. And it made no sense after I read it for the 20th time. It was so vague, out of context, random, etc. But something magically clicked for me a few days later.

For those of you who follow me on snapchat (misterjustinha - shameless plug), you know that I've been reading a lot over the break. I recently started the Chronicles of Narnia series. My cousin bought the entire set for me when I was in middle school, and I've finally decided to read it -- whoops!

In the first book, Aslan is introduced. He's a lion, and characterized as "God" who is the ruler over Narnia -- a land filled with living animals who are personified as human beings. It got me thinking about the characteristics of the lion. In most cultures, Lions are known as the "King of Beasts/Jungle". It's the best of all the land. No animal is greater than it.

So I went back to the verse. Even the "greatest" in the animal kingdom can become weak. It's life still depends on the existence of an ecosystem. If the ecosystem fails, even the greatest animal becomes weak and helpless. It's the same for us! No matter who we look to, everyone is at the mercy of life. Life is unpredictable. Sicknesses can happen. Economies can fail. Natural disasters can occur. And there's nothing we can do to completely control these things -- not the strongest person, smartest person, or richest person.

But there's one being who can completely control these things. And if you seek Him first, then you'll be sustained with al that is necessary. It may not be what you WANT. But it will, for sure, be what you need.

I learned that trusting in Him clears up all confusion. This year, it seems like He wants to teach me to depend on Him to sustain everything in life. Everything seems to be laid out for me: an internship for the spring, a potential program in LA (if not, summer school), and a final year at UT. Now I have to chase after Him, and leave the rest of this up to Him. I wonder what will happen.

Brian || Taylor || Hnou || Xing || Judy || Esther || Josh || Jenine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com