Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Lesson from the first sixth of 2016

Two months of 2016 have already gone by. What have you guys learned about yourselves? About God? About life? I hope we're all learning in someway - whether it be from school or life experiences. Because to me, time is becoming more and more limited. I feel as if my life is passing by at an accelerating rate. Each year goes by faster than the previous one. And that mentality has benefited me. However, it has also restricted me.

I believe it's important for us to always remember that our time on earth is limited. 80ish years may seem like a long time, and it can be a long time. But I try to always put it in relativity to an eternity. I love how Francis Chan puts this concept with an illustration (I'll link the video below).

This mindset has made me think about investing my time in the most efficient/effective way possible. I'm always challenging myself to be "doing" something. And I end up hating myself when a day has been "wasted".

But here's my problem: I've been so caught up with finding my purpose in God that I lost sight of God himself. I forgot about His commands to serve, rest, and fellowship. So instead of being content in God, I worried about things way into the future.

Someone shared this illustration with me. The life that we walk with God is like driving at night. Our headlights show only what's immediately ahead. But it won't show what's a couple miles ahead. The road may curve later down the road. But why worry about it when you're not even close? Everything in life is unpredictable. Changes happen. Nothing is stable. But He's stable. He's constant. His unchanging love is predictable.

And when you learn to let go, He responds in a crazy way. Sometimes it's immediately. Other times, it may take a while.

But Godliness with contentment is great gain. - 1 Timothy 6:6


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com