Saturday, July 12, 2014

When I Worship.

Up until these past few years of my life, I never truly understood what it meant to "worship God". And we all know that the most common form of worship is singing songs of praise with a band. But of course, worship can be in any form: prayer, dancing, singing, etc. I believe worship is anything and everything that points to the glorification of God.

However, I felt like writing about worshiping through song. I must confess that I don't truly worship 100% of the time. Let me explain. I believe that a true time of worship is when you focus on a one-on-one session with God. You don't think about anything else but God. And believe me, that's not an easy thing to do all the time.

Many times during praise, I get distracted. Sometimes I get distracted by the way the band plays. Sometimes I focus on whether I'm in tune and how well I'm singing. Sometimes I'm worrying about what I have to do after church. And sometimes I focus on the people around me and how much they're "into it". It's very difficult to give 100% of yourself to God.

When I experience my "true session" of praise, I feel like I'm praying. I focus so much on the words, that it feels like a prayer (with some melodic inflections). And I put passion and intention and sincerity into every word that comes out of my mouth. It feels awesome.

It's been about a week since I've gotten the new Hillsong Worship album. And I just wanted to share a song that I've been "truly worshiping" to. The song is titled "This I Believe (The Creed)".

This song, in my opinion, is such an awesome song that reminds me of the fundamental Truth of the Gospel. And at the same time, I can make it my prayer and boldly proclaim it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com