Sunday, March 20, 2016

Just For My Own Record

I want to record a brief summary of how crazy my life has been the past year. This isn't for me to brag about how I accomplished such and such. This more of a testament of how good He is to me, despite my shortcomings. Also, I want to look back on this post one day and see how far I've come.

Summer 2015
I became interested in photography. Learned all the technical basics and began to venture out into this creative world. While learning, I saw an application for the Jubilee Project Fellowship. I applied and didn't think I would get in. I got in, and I still don't know how.

I met a lot of amazing people with awesome gifts/talents. I was introduced to a whole new world of thinking, and it changed the way I now think. And this was all through God.

Fall 2015
I came back to school, craving a way to stay active in this new mindset. I began to write scripts, create videos, and take photos. But I still wondered if this discovery was just a temporary interest or a God-given passion.

But even as I wondered, opportunities continued to come about. I became a photojournalist for Humans of Austin. I helped film a music video for a band. But one event blew my mind. I learned that my accounting program finished developing a summer program in LA for accountants to work within film companies. The program had been in the works for a few years, but it just so happened to be ready at this moment. So of course, I applied.

Winter 2015
I read a lot over break - like a lot. I hate reading, but I began to enjoy it the more I read. This was definitely not my own doing, as funny as that may sound. At the same time, I worked my accounting internship with Ernst and Young. I learned how to learn, and I was challenged in so many different ways - mentally and spiritually. All the while, I wrote scripts in my free time and read a lot of books.

Spring 2016
I finish my internship and hear back from the LA summer program. I receive an internship offer with Disney as a production accountant. I so happened to buy tickets to LA way before any of this. So I visit Walt Disney Studios while seeing friends in LA - who graciously took time out of their day to see me.

I head back to Austin for a church retreat and have an amazing time there (that's another post for another time). I come back from retreat and get a phone call to help make a video for Billboard. I didn't really know what to expect, but I finished it that night. Surprisingly, the people liked the way I made it. And now I'm about to start school.

These are way too many coincidences to be called coincidences. This is God at work in my life. And I have done nothing to deserve this. I'm a broken person, who disobeys God just like everyone else in this world. Throughout this journey, I have worried for no reason. Other times, I had become prideful at the thought of going into the film industry. And yet, He's willing to use me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com