Saturday, May 28, 2016

Working In The Shadows

I've been in LA for a week. And it's been a hectic week, to say the least. A lot of my first few days here were spent settling into my living space, becoming familiar with the area, and starting my job. And I wanted to take some time to take a breather and write down some thoughts that have stuck with my throughout the week.

On Monday, I had a chance to meet up with my friend Brian. And he gave me some amazing advice on what to expect and do as a child of God. He took the time to explain what not to do and shared the importance of staying anchored in Christ.

Brian explained it to me like this. Fame can be so tempting. The thought of becoming famous can be so appealing. It can draw you into a mindset of selfishness without you realizing it. And if you're ever in a position of receiving fame, it's important to be anchored and humble in Christ.

Brian serves in the prayer ministry. It's behind the scenes, and he tries to avoid the spotlight. At the same time, he explained that he has brothers and sisters who keep him anchored and humble in Christ. His community keeps him grounded in what truly matters.

And most importantly, he tries not to make his life about film. Although he is a filmmaker, he never forgets the sole purpose of why we are still on this earth as Christians. We are here to share the gospel. He admits not spending every minute thinking of film ideas. Instead, he makes sure to witness to everyone he passes by. God will provide the ideas when the time is right.

You can always try to create an amazing movie. But in the end, people value authenticity the most. And what better way to live an authentic life than to live like Christ and share the Gospel?

I know it's ironic how I'm praising him for his humility. But I had to share with everyone. I'm in awe of all the things Brian had to share with me - even though it was our second time meeting in person. And I can only pray and hope that we all can live authentically for Christ.
"He must increase, but I must decrease" - John 3:30
And if you haven't seen "The Drop Box", then go watch it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com