Friday, September 19, 2014

A Slap in the Face

This semester, I've been spread thin with my time commitments. I didn't know what to prioritize in. I didn't know how to plan out my schedule in terms of studying, meeting with people, coordinating IM volleyball, etc. And the number 1 thing you DON'T want to do is think about everything all at once. I made that mistake.
So of course, I began to think too much about things. I began to feel stressed. You know how the process works. Anyway, there was one more mistake that I made. I wasn't in prayer about the decisions I was making. I was saying "Yes" to everything because I wanted to accomplish everything. I was trying to bite off more than I could chew.

I was reminded of this as I was listening to a sermon at Austin Stone on Campus. By the way, it was a great time. You should go next year.
"Elijah went before the people and said, 'How long will you waver between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him.'” - 1 Kings 18:21
We tend to always have a back up plan. That's what we're taught. Always plan for the worst and have a plan B. But I don't think that should apply in our spiritual walk.

We sometimes straddle a fence between God and our own desires. And I was guilty of this fact. There are many accomplishments that I want to fulfill... I want to get better at volleyball, I want to get more camera lenses, I want to travel the world, I want, I want, I want.

And this is a natural tendency for all human beings. We all have wants and desires. Many of us don't want to let go of them. We want to hang onto these things because we think that achieving it will bring us complete satisfaction. Reaching that goal, receiving that object, or accomplishing that task will make us 100% satisfied. False.

We always want something more after we finish a task. And we keep searching and searching and searching. Let me tell you that you won't find what you're looking for down here on earth.
"... If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him.”
If you have experienced God, if you know He is real, if you have a slight feeling that He may be real, then go all in for Him. If you're not sure about Him, ask for Him to help you experience Him.
"But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul." - Deuteronomy 4:29
So there was my "Slap in the Face". I'm glad I came to realize this in my own life. Don't get so caught up with the stuff in front of you. The world doesn't revolve around you. There are bigger things at hand. God's work. The kingdom's work. Get involved in it. Go 100% for His kingdom, not your own.
"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." - Colossians 3:1-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com