Tuesday, August 26, 2014

How to Not Be Stressed Out.

For the past few days, I've been a bit anxious about school. I just entered the iMPA program. It stands for the "integrated Masters in Professional Accounting" program. And it's the #1 accounting program in the nation. I'm now a part of that. I have to live up to that reputation. No pressure.

I applied to this program on somewhat of a whim. I didn't know which direction to take in my business career, so I tried applying to the program. There's no way applying would hurt me. My thoughts were, "God, I'm going to apply. If I get in, then I'll give thanks. If I don't give in, then please help me to still give thanks." Fortunately, I got in.

But I still don't know what I'm doing. Trust me. I feel like a chicken with its head cut off. I kind of have a passion for some parts of business. But at the same time, I enjoy the most random things. For example, I enjoy jazz, skiing, photography, etc. I have yet to find someone who enjoys the same exact things that I do.
 
Before I headed to my orientation, I didn't have any assurance of anything. So I prayed. It was one of the shortest prayers. "Help me trust you."


Consulting always caught my interest. To simply explain it, consulting is where a client asks for your help and you solve it. It can be any kind of problem: restaurants, banks, car dealerships, software companies, etc. Basically, you need to know a bit of everything because you're dealing with a bit of everything. You need to be a Ditto (I can't believe I just made a Pokemon reference... Don't judge me).

Consultants need to know a lot of stuff, and they need to be unique problem solvers. In other words, you can't be a normal person. You need to think differently and present solutions that no one else can think of.

Anyway, long story short, I felt a passion and interest in this field during my orientation. It was a strange feeling. But I felt some sort of assurance. I can't seem to find anyone that does anything like me. I want to show and advise others that you can do business in a righteous, Godly way and still become successful for Christ.

And for those of you who feel stressed and lost. Don't worry. I'm still just as lost as before. The only thing different is that I know that my God is bigger than my problem. The problem is still there, but I'm not stressed anymore. I'm joyful.
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com