Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summer School.

So I finally finished summer school, and it taught me a lot about myself. Honestly, I learned nothing more about our government. But I did somehow grow in a spiritual sense.

As I was taking this online government course, I complained. A lot. I can get pretty arrogant and prideful. The entire time, I complained about how I'm overqualified to be taking this course, how useless this course will be in my life, and how much "busy work" I have.

Some of the things I thought may have been true. And sure, I may have been too good for this basic course. But I came to realize one main point. If you can't do the little things, then you don't deserve to handle the bigger things.

I came across two passages that convicted me to re-evaluate how I was approaching this summer course.
"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31
These verses are simple. There is no way you can misinterpret these verses. It's clear, simple, and to the point. And I was stubborn and ignored it during my summer session. I wasn't joyful about taking my course. I didn't glorify God by complaining about how this course is boring, tedious, and a waste of time.

If I can't do the little things right, then why would God even bother giving me a bigger, greater task? Sometimes we tell ourselves that we'll be serious when a serious task is at hand. But do you really know that for sure?

I'm guilty of thinking in this way. I place my pride in myself, thinking that I can accomplish great things if the challenges come. And of course, that's something I need to pray about and fix. I want to boast and remind myself of my weaknesses, so that I cannot take the credit in anything that is accomplished.
"But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: 'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.'" - James 4:6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com