Monday, May 2, 2016

A-Team

As I clicked ENTER and logged off the computer, I realized that this was the last time. This was the last time I would take minutes for an admin meeting. This was the last time we would meet in this room. I said these thoughts out loud during out meeting in a joking manner. But at the same time, I was serious. While it's fresh in my mind, I want to share my thoughts and my advice for the future leaders.

I had a lot of ambition coming into the school year. There were many goals I wanted to accomplish as an admin leader. I was ready to influence a change. But I now realize that I have been influenced more than I influenced others. I, for certain, was not a perfect leader. In fact, I was probably lacking in more areas than I thought.

I came in with an approach to be stern. I thought, "that's the only way things are going to change." But I was proven wrong. Sure - there may have been moments where my methods worked. But there were many more moments where it didn't. I find myself to be a fairly patient person, but my patience was tested at various times. And there were times where I wondered if anyone appreciates anything. But in the end, I look back and see what has happened.

I have been humbled more than I thought I could be (does that mean I was prideful?). And I was taught so much.

Here's all I have to say. 

You can only lead by example - with patience and grace. Don't take things personally. Be patient with others - even though they may not understand. Those moments of sternness can only be applied when others understand that you're doing it out of love.

Jesus is patient with us all the time. Many times, we complain, we fall short, we mumble, and we don't listen. But he never gives up. He continues to love and be patient. And eventually, we turn around and repent.
Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
Acts is on a good course. Although I may seem absent, you all have taken the initiative to do amazing things in serving one another. Soli Deo Gloria.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com