Sunday, May 8, 2016

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,
I remember when the three of us (dad) lived in an apartment. I had a few friends around the neighborhood, but you were the only friend that kept me company 24/7. I remember when you always took me to the park when I had no one to play with.

Thank you for that.

I remember when we moved into our first home. I didn't any friends at first - so you took me to the park again. Then I made a few friends and began to play with them. I spent less time with you, and you seemed okay with that. You always said, "As long as you're happy, I'm happy."

But there were a lot of times when my friends weren't available to play. So you gladly took the time to play chess and monopoly with me. And other times, you watched TV with me - even though you probably didn't care about the show.

Thank you for that.

As I grew up, I learned to be more independent. I didn't have to bother you all the time because I had a gameboy and playstation. I'm sure you were relieved. But I still bothered you. I asked you to watch me play and to cheer me on - and you did.

Thank you for that.

Finally, I grew up to the point where I felt fully independent. I felt like I didn't need you or dad to keep me company. I could keep myself entertained through the games I played and the comics I read. We probably talked less and less - like all teenagers do.

You tried to bring up conversations. But I avoided them. Instead of getting frustrated, you calmly told me, "Your dad and I trust that you'll make the right decisions. We'll support you in whatever you do." And you always reiterated the importance of trusting in God and being in constant communication with Him.

Thank you for that.

I didn't think much of any of this until I headed to college. It didn't hit me until I met others in college. Not everyone has had a mother like you. I did nothing to deserve a loving mother like you, who always nags about me eating enough, sleeping enough, growing enough, or praying enough. And I realize that you represent a glimpse of God's grace for me.

Thank you for that.

Please stop worrying about whether I'm eating well - or at least worry less. And don't worry about my future. I'm in God's hands - you taught me that.

Thank you for that.

Your son,
 Justin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com