Thursday, December 31, 2015

It's That Time of The Year Again...

When we all reminisce on the past calendar year and think about new goals for the following one. So here goes nothing!

Quick story that I've probably already told in an older post:

Every year, I always have New Year's Eve service at church with my parents. I've been doing the same thing for the past 21 years. We always have short service at church, do the countdown, and wish everyone blessings for the new year. But for the past 4 years, we've started a new tradition. We pick a random bible verse from a box filled with random scripture.

Now, I know what you're thinking (maybe?). "Isn't that kind of non-Christian -- to put your upcoming year's fate into drawing a random verse? Isn't that like... blasphemous sort of?" And yeah, I can understand how this may seem a bit strange. But I think it depends on the mindset that you have.

See, I don't go in thinking that the verse I receive is a prophesy from God that I must fulfill as my destiny. I see it as just another verse to mediate upon for the coming year. In my opinion, it's about the motive and intention you have as you're going through the process.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." -Proverbs 3:5-6
I think overall, I can say that I've learned this: you can't sustain yourself in this life because life is too unpredictable. But if you put Christ at the center of all you do, amazing things will happen in His time. But it's definitely not easy.

There were moments throughout the year where I thought I was trusting in God, but I actually wasn't. And there were moments where I refused to trust in God and relied on myself. All of these moments ended poorly. But I think I've learned my lesson! And He's rewarded me in ways I couldn't have imagined.

He's made my paths more straight. But it seems like there's a fork in the road. Each path is clear -- in which I give thanks. However, I now wait for a door to open. I wonder which door will open in 2016.

Brian || Taylor || Hnou || Xing || Judy || Esther || Josh || Jenine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com