Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wild at Heart

I started reading a book titled, Wild At Heart by John Eldredge. And I have to say, it's quite inspiring. I've only read through the first few chapters. But I can try and explain it in a nutshell.

As a Christian, I believe we were created by God. That being said, the book highlights how we were created. Men and women, according to Bible were created differently. Man is described to be created from the dust of the Earth (Gen. 2:7). Men were created from the "outback", as Eldredge puts it. On the other hand, women were created in the Garden of Eden. A place filled with beauty in every aspect.

We're made differently. We act differently. We have different functionalities. I don't think I have to prove that to you. It's pretty obvious in our lives. Boys will be boys. Girls will be girls. We're unique in our own way. Men have this instinct to be wild, adventure seeking. Women have this instinct to beautiful and captivating. And of course, this is a broad generalization. I'm NOT saying men can ONLY be wild and women cannot be adventure seeking. It's important to have a mix of everything, I believe.

For now, all I can say is that Eldredge has an interesting take on thinking about a man's heart. What defines a man? What is our purpose as a man? On the other hand, Eldredge's wife writes about a woman's heart. What defines a woman, her purpose, etc.? It'll be an interesting time as I read this book.

On another note, the book sparked a story idea that I've been working on for the past two months. I finally broke through the writer's block.

Another note: I started thinking about taking a road trip somewhere to seek adventure. This book is making me want to go out to nature... I hear Big Bend National Park is cool. Maybe that'll be my first stop. Just kidding. Maybe somewhere a bit closer for starters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com