Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Twenty One Years Old.

As I'm writing this, I am one hour away from turning 21. But honestly, nothing will be any different. Sure I can legally drink and whatnot, but I'm still just a imperfect person trying to follow Christ. It's just like what my dad wrote me in my birthday letter...
"So now you are legal (whatever that means to you). But we are not defined by the laws and ways of this world. We are defined by His way."
Each year, I get to look back and see how dumb I was the previous year. I think about how I worried about the most insignificant things. I think about how funny it was when I took something too seriously. And I question, "how could you have thought/acted like that back then?" I've had a bad habit of judging myself harshly. But now, I think God has shown me a new way to look at things.

We're always going to make mistakes. Past, present, and future. But it's not what I do that defines me. My practices do not dictate my position/identity. Rather, it is what Christ has done and who He is that defines me. My identity in Christ determines how I practice/live my life. I've been reminding myself of this fact for the past few days.

If I base my life on myself, then I'll always have good and bad days. It won't be constant. It drove me insane when I tried living my life out this way. But if you base your identity off of Christ who is never failing and constant, then there is no such thing as good or bad days. It makes sense when you read and think about it. But it's difficult to apply it into your life. I'm still trying to work on that. But that's my encouragement to all of you who are reading this.

It's not about who you are or what you do. It's about who Christ is and what He has already done.

I want to give a quick thank you for everyone who surprised me: Jeanne, Rachel, Yeachan, Hana, Dan, David Alaska, DTK, KeeYoung, Eunice, Catherine, Eric, Richard, Su Min, Sharon, Nathan, Jennifer, Joseph, and Jooch. Photo Credit: Sunny.



And for the special gift I got: Nathan, D. Alaska, D. Chang, J. Hur, E. Ryu, Sunny, Jonathan Sok, DTK, Daniel, James, Peter, Richard, Jeanne, and Sharon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com