Monday, October 13, 2014

Self-Reminders.

I tend to be forgetful. Not so much on promises or plans that I make with other people, but I tend to forget the Truth about myself and God. Listening to PC's sermon served as a great reminder of who I am and who He is.

We all get caught up in the busy-ness of life. The world doesn't revolve around you or me. I know we hear it a lot, but it's a true fact that I tend to forget. In my case, I'm busy with school. I only think about my class schedule, when to eat, when to study, and when to meet up with people. It's a simple, mundane thing. But sometimes I forget why or what I'm doing.

Judah Smith mentions in his sermon that the world and the gospel define life as opposite things...

The world says that "practice dictates your position". You can only become worth something if you practice hard enough. You'll be loved, significant, made worth when you practice hard enough to attain that status. You'll become a CEO, superstar, most interesting person if you practice hard enough. Practice practice practice and then you can have it.

The gospel says the opposite. "Your position in Christ dictates your practice". In Christ, we have been seated at the right hand of God. We have already been given the highest position that can ever be achieved. And we did nothing to earn it. We were given this position out of grace.

That's the gospel. It's the truth. Christianity is a story of love. The gospel shows that you don't need to work for your position. It's been given to you. All you need to do is accept and believe in Christ. Embrace God's grace. But by all means, it doesn't mean life gets easier. Everyone suffers through life because the world is a broken place. We're all broken people. But in Christ, we can suffer with a purpose. In Christ, we have hope for eternal joy, peace, and happiness.

Don't follow what the world tells you to do. Don't listen to what society defines you as. You are not defined by your job, social status, financial status, race, or passions. You are a follower of Christ. You are a child of God. So I encourage you to live your life in Christ (in the highest position).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com