Thursday, June 2, 2016

My Time In LA So Far

I've been in LA for about two full weeks now. And I have to be honest about some things. Living here hasn't been the most glamorous and awesome lifestyle. It can get lonely out here sometimes.

When I came out here, I thought about seeing my friends every day after work. But work life isn't always like that. Sure - sometimes you make plans to meet up with friends during the week. But a lot of the time, people can be busy.

It's definitely not like college where you can go over to your friend's place when you feel like it. And LA makes the situation more difficult. It's hard to get around here. And traffic can play a huge factor into how you schedule and make plans.

So I've been spending a good amount of time by myself at home. Don't get me wrong - I've gotten plugged into a nice church community. But there's something that has been irking me during my time here. It's a feeling of emptiness - maybe loneliness.

As I was praying about this, I think God gave me a hint of what he's trying to teach me. The question He arose in my head was "Can you be completely satisfied in me?"

I'm currently living with my aunt, so I'm not technically by myself. But we both have our own schedules. However, I think God is trying to use my aunt to teach me the lesson in the question. I wrote about the my aunt about a year ago, but let me re-explain.

My aunt never got married. She's around 60. And she is the epitome of a what it means to be a woman of God. To my best understanding, this is her schedule....

She gets up at 4AM, prays until 6-7AM, eats, reads scripture, goes to seminary classes, meets and prays for other members in her church, comes home, eats, reads more supplemental material for scripture, watches the news, and sleeps.

Her entire life is immersed in Christ. She lives, eats, and breathes Christ. She even has papers taped on all her doors saying "SMILE - God loves you". It's such a simple lifestyle. And I wonder if she ever gets tired of it. I never asked her myself, but I think it's safe to say that she never gets tired of it. She's always laughing, encouraging, and serving.

So maybe that's the answer to my question. My aunt is the perfect example to the question "Can you be completely satisfied in God?" And I have the blessing of being able to live with her.

So I have a question for you guys - can you be completely satisfied in Christ? I hope we can all learn that one day. And I hope I can learn my lesson by the end of this summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com