Sunday, September 27, 2015

I'm A Sinnah

I know I've already made a post like this a while back. But I always have to remind myself that I'm a sinner. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. I need a savior. Thankfully, all of my flaws and failures have been accounted for. And I've received a grace that no words can possibly explain.

This past weekend was a strange experience for me. I felt empty, tired, burnt out, and lifeless. I felt extremely tired throughout the day. I'll admit it. I fell asleep during today's sermon. PC, if you're reading this. I'm very sorry... Haha. HOWEVER, during the small instances I was awake, God was gracious enough to let me hear words that have encouraged me.

We all want joy. And that joy is found in Christ and Christ alone. If we don't find any joy, then something's wrong on our part. Let's be honest. We're the ones who screw up. God's always constant and never changing, thankfully.

It's our sinful nature, unfaithful habits, and lack of eternal/Godly perspective that cause us to stray away from the joy found in Christ (shoutout to PC for these words of encouragement). But it made me think. What happens when we screw up? Now what? Guilt sets in. I don't feel like I can go back.

I was reminded of an analogy that Judah Smith provided in one of his books. It provides some insight on the concept of God's grace. Let's say you were married to a significant other. And let's say that the other promised to never leave you no matter what you do to him/her. Of course, that should technically happen in a real marriage. But aside from that, what would you do?

Would you purposely, knowing that you'll be forgiven, go out and abuse that grace? Would you go out and start sleeping with everyone? Would you go out and do that nasty habit of yours, whatever it may be? I highly doubt you would do that to the one you love. I highly doubt you'd do that once you've truly experienced grace. That's God's grace.

When people start talking about the idea of "All I have to do is say a prayer and I get into heaven?", it frustrates me and saddens me. Those people haven't truly experienced the grace of God. And when they do, they will no longer want to abuse this scandalous, unexplainable, ridiculous, illogical grace that we receive every day.

But I'm still a sinner. That fact doesn't change. But knowing that I'm forgiven no matter what, I can live differently. I can live by grace every day. Not in an abusive way, but in a joyful way.

'Cause I am a sinner
If it's not one thing it's another
Caught up in words
Tangled in lies
But You are a Savior
And You take brokenness aside
And make it beautiful
Beautiful



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com