Saturday, June 28, 2014

"Live a life that demands an explanation."

That sounds like a deep, inspiring quote doesn't it? Unfortunately, I didn't think of it. I recently heard it from Francis Chan. As a fellow brother in Christ, I wanted to encourage you all with that quote.

I don't think the purpose of our life is to: "fit in", "be normal", "follow the crowd", etc. And I'm not saying we should constantly live in an outspoken manner either. As Christians, there should be something different about us. There should be something different in how we live, not necessarily how we speak/preach/proclaim. Our lifestyle should stir curiosity.

Here's a wake-up call.
I think many Christians today, including myself, have lost our "focal point". And that focal point is Jesus. Christians today identify themselves as Christians in what they DON'T do. For example, many Christians believe they are Christians because: "I don't do drugs", "I'm not an alcoholic", "I'm not prostitute", etc.

But I think what defines a Christian is what they DO do (Yes. I know, I said doo-doo). Christians should find their identity in Christ. And what did Christ do? He loved the worst of people. He had compassion for the prostitutes, mobsters, druggies of his time. 

Jesus "[lived] a life that demanded an explanation." Nobody understood why he hung out with the worst of people. Think about it. The Pharisees were the "holy" priests at the time. They pointed out the wrongs and mistakes everyone had made (similar to many churches/Christians today). The Pharisees had NO IDEA why Jesus, the chosen messiah/savior/king, was hanging out with the scum of the earth.

So long story short, don't be a Pharisee. Don't become self-righteous and condemn others in what they're doing wrong. Be like Jesus, who loved the sinner, the wretched, the sick, the broken, etc. "Live a life that demands an explanation" by what you DO, not by what you DON'T do.
"I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." - Philemon 1:6
Testifying your life through your actions is proven to allow you to understand more of the goodness of Christ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com