Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Because I'm Happy?

Do ever get those moments when you feel happy after hearing some news? 
Like, nothing about your day has changed. Your schedule hasn't changed. But you feel happy/excited about something that will happen in the near future. Why? Don't you find that kind of weird? How does it make sense that you feel better when nothing about the present moment has changed? The only thing that has changed is what you've become aware of.

For example, it's a normal work/school day. You wake up, go to class/work, come home, have some free time, and go to sleep. But by making plans for the weekend, you all of a sudden become happy and excited. You treat people more nicely. You feel more talkative and positive about your day.

I don't know about you, but I experience this a lot. Just recently, I got some news back about a potential opportunity in the summer (I'll share it later when I get the final word). My day instantly became better. Work was enjoyable - even though my tasks didn't change at all. I felt good throughout the day. But my schedule was the exact same as the day before. How does that even happen?

I think you get my point. And I think it's safe to say that when we learn or become aware of good news, we become uplifted/motivated/determined/happy/etc. Our present moment becomes better because we have come to realization that there is something to look forward to. Then let me ask you this - and I'm asking myself the same question. Shouldn't this be like the gospel?
"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." - Colossians 3:2
If we know that there will be some awesome things to come, then shouldn't we feel happy about our present circumstance? Even though the situation hasn't changed, shouldn't we feel this uplifting spirit when we hear/acknowledge/realize the good news? Our present moment doesn't seem so difficult when you think about the near future. We begin to treat our circumstances and the people around us with a positive outlook. And some may ask, "Why are you so different today? Nothing at school/work has changed. What's gotten into you?" Then you have an opportunity to explain the truth that has been revealed to you.

Disclaimer: I'm still challenging myself as I write this post. Don't think I have it all together because I don't. But I hope this'll change your outlook on things!

Brian || Taylor || Hnou || Xing || Judy || Esther || Josh || Jenine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com