Monday, January 27, 2014

1.19.14.

It's been a little over a week since a close friend has left me. She was always around all my life up until now. Unfortunately, it was time for her to go. Chocolate: my dog, my longest friend passed away on January 19, 2014. She's been around ever since I didn't really have any friends. 

I knew it was going to happen soon because she was sick all throughout winter break. But I wasn't sure if I wanted to say my goodbye as I left for another semester. I don't think I did. But hey, life happens. There's a process of life and death in this world. It's inevitable.


Last week, I didn't have much time to be sentimental. I know it's kind of sad, but I didn't have time to be sad and think about the good times. I guess now is my time to reminisce on the past. The weird thing is, I'm not all that depressed or sad that she's gone. And by no means am I trying to say that I don't care. I do.

I didn't really know how to react when I heard the news from my dad. All I knew was that I had too many things going on. I didn't have time to sit and think. So I tried to suppress those feelings in me for the time being. I held them in as long as I could up until I came to prayer meetings during the week. From that moment, when I started praising and praying, I began to ask God to let me see the good in what may seem bad. I asked for this burden of mixed feelings to disappear. Amazingly, it did.

You see, what's done is done. You can't change the past. Of course, everyone knows that. Even though this event is unfortunate, God showed me the urgency we need in our lives. Our lives our short. Dogs' lives are shorter.

Some of you may be thinking, "how can you NOT be sad, and how are you so emotionless?" It's not that I'm not sad or depressed or angry, I choose not to pursue those emotions. They lead to nothing. Instead, I think about how there wouldn't be death at all if sin had never distorted the truth and this world. That's what keeps me going; I want expose the truth that has been distorted by sin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com