Tuesday, January 27, 2015

1 Chronicles 18:11.

"King David dedicated these articles to the Lord, as he had done with the silver and gold he had taken from all these nations: Edom and Moab, the Ammonites and the Philistines, and Amalek."
I was doing a quick morning devotional, and I came across this verse. At first, the verse doesn't seem like much. It's just part of a typical Old Testament story. But then I read it again. This verse stuck in my head for some odd reason.

Right now, I'm in the recruiting process to get an internship. And it's been really fun to meet firms and their staff. But I think this verse serves as a warning to me (and maybe you too). Don't get caught up in all of it. Don't begin to direct everything towards yourself. Don't make it about you even though people say it's about you.

I bet King David plundered a whole bunch of gold and silver. He defeated 5 nations at this time. 5 nations. That means he took the wealth of 5 little economies. That's a whole bunch of money. I don't know how much that is worth in today's time. But I bet he felt like he won the lottery at least once or twice.

But here's amazing thing. He still dedicated all this wealth he received back to God. That's tough. I wonder if I'll be able to dedicate my success (if I do ever become successful) to Him. Greed is a real temptation, and I hope I'll be able to overcome it when the time comes. I hope that I'll be able to direct others to Him when they look to me (if that ever happens).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Advertisement

Follow us

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM

About Me

POPULAR POSTS

Copyright © Justin C. Ha | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com